Bringing on a temp worker can be a great way to maximize productivity or assist with a particular project. It can also be uncomfortable for permanent workers, who may feel like their job and position are threatened.
By taking certain steps, you can eliminate these concerns and help make the arrival of temp workers a more smooth experience.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare your staff for the arrival of temp help.
- Explain the situation. It is important that you inform your staff in advance of the temp staff arriving. The best way to do this is to hold a meeting with all the staff present, in order to avoid information leaking out and to address any concerns at one time. At the meeting, lay out all the details, including how many staff members will be coming in, how long they will be staying, and how everything will be organized.
- Define a clear role. Most importantly, explain to your staff specifically what the temp workers will be doing at the company. The main concerns of the staff will be about how the arrival of temp workers will affect their own assignments. By explaining exactly what the temp workers’ tasks will be, you can help put this anxiety to rest.
- Lay out the positives. The arrival of more workers may not seem like a positive situation for your staff, but there are benefits to the staff that you should make sure to point out. Temp workers may bring certain skills that enable them to help staff members complete their work more effectively. More workers can also mean a more manageable schedule for the staff.
- Focus on the company. Explain to your staff that they are part of a team and that ultimately, what’s good for the company is good for the workers. Bringing in temp workers will help improve productivity and work quality, which will help bring in more work in the future.
- Maintain communication. Keep the lines of communication open to hear any concerns or feedback from your staff about the addition of the temp workers. This will allow you to stay on top of the situation and make any adjustments as necessary.
For more help, contact Job Store Staffing. We have the expertise and experience to assist you with all of your staffing needs. Be sure to contact us today.