Maintaining your confidence during a prolonged job hunt can be difficult. You may wonder whether your resume is effectively written or whether your qualifications are enough to land a role.
Not hearing back from hiring managers can cause you to lose confidence in your accomplishments and abilities. This can lead to a downward spiral of negative thoughts that damage your self-esteem.
Keep in mind that your job does not define you. You have much bigger aspects of your life that shape who you are as a person.
Continue to move forward in your job hunt. Small steps make a big difference.
Implement these tips to regain your confidence during a prolonged job hunt.
Objectively View Your Professional Value
Focus on the value you provide companies. This helps you regain confidence during a prolonged job hunt.
- Make a list of your skills and achievements that provided value for previous employers. Focus on how these assets can provide additional value for your next employer.
- Consider taking a skills assessment to clarify your strengths and abilities. This shows the areas you should emphasize in your job hunt.
- Ask a career coach to help assess your skills and strengths. This clarifies your abilities that are valuable to hiring managers.
- Meet with a recruiter from a local staffing firm that specializes in your industry. They can provide feedback and coaching on updating your resume, interviewing, and landing a job.
Take Action in Your Job Hunt
Regularly take small steps toward finding the job you want. This encourages you to regain confidence during a prolonged job hunt.
- Update every section of your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Reach out to members of your network for help with your job hunt.
- Set up informational interviews with professionals in your field.
- Partner with a recruiter from a local staffing firm that places candidates in your industry.
Focus on Your Personal Interests
Schedule time to invest in activities that make you happy. This promotes confidence during a prolonged job hunt.
- Practice yoga
- Read a book
- Go for a jog
- Play a sport
- Write in a journal
- Join a Meetup
- Socialize with friends
Ask for Support
Let your family and friends know you need their support. This can help you regain confidence during a prolonged job hunt.
- Find the value that others see in you
- Boost your mood
- Focus on your self-worth
- Take care of your personal needs
- Relieve your anxiety
- Maintain positive thinking
- Stay open and approachable
- Monitor your emotions
- Overcome mental obstacles
- Focus on the future rather than your current circumstances
- Ask for constructive feedback on your job hunt
Partner with a Local Staffing Firm
Partner with Job Store Staffing to regain your confidence during a prolonged job hunt in Colorado. Visit our job board today.