More good news for job seekers in Colorado. The state added 51,000 new businesses in the first half of 2014, signifying a year of sustained growth and prosperity. This is up 13 percent from the year before. In a 12-year period, the state added more than 92,000 jobs, a 4.8 percent increase over the previous year.
The study was conducted by the University of Colorado’s Leeds School of Business using quarterly data from the secretary of state’s central registry.
This was not the only good news to come out of the report. Here are a few more highlights:
- State employment rates rose 2.8 percent in 2014, reaching a peak in June of 2.4 million. This growth points to sustained economic prosperity in the state.
- Personal wages increased 4.9 percent from the previous year, to $252.6 million.
- Retail sales rose 1.1 percent from the first to second quarters of 2014. Sales in the second quarter totaled $173 million. Retail sales are expected to continue to rise, with consumption continuing to drive growth.
- Foreclosure filings and sales fell dramatically. Foreclosure filings fell by 24.7 percent in 2014. Foreclosure sales fell 41.5 percent in 2014 from the previous year.
- Business filings, existing entity renewals, trademarks and trade names all increased in the second quarter of 2014.
All of these numbers suggest that Colorado will continue to experience job growth and economic prosperity through 2014 and into the future. The numbers show that there is a strong entrepreneurial presence in the state, as well as a healthy overall economy and growing workforce. Whichever way you spin it, there is no question Colorado continues to be one of the best places in the country to be if you are starting a business or looking for a job.
At Job Store Staffing, we are experts in the staffing industry. Whether you are an employer looking for new employees or a job seeker looking for your next dream job, we can provide you with the personalized assistance you need to succeed. If you are in the Denver area, contact us today for more information about our staffing and recruitment services.