Like many managers, improving your team’s productivity may be one of your goals for 2023. This can significantly benefit your company’s bottom line.
Improving your team’s productivity means accomplishing more in less time. This elevates customer satisfaction, company culture, and brand reputation.
Implement these six tips to improve your team’s productivity in 2023.
Prioritize Team Well-Being
Let your team know their physical and mental health is one of your top concerns.
- Promote work-life balance to avoid burnout.
- Encourage your team members to privately talk with you about their issues, concerns, and struggles.
- Foster a culture of communication, connection, and openness to build team resilience.
- Encourage learning from mistakes and performing better next time.
- Prioritizing wellness promotes attendance, motivation, and a positive work environment.
- Valuing well-being improves engagement, performance, and retention.
Develop Team Goals
Create team goals in line with your company’s short- and long-term objectives.
- Consider what your team should be working on.
- Develop specific, manageable, achievable, relevant, time-bound (SMART) goals.
- Track each team member’s progress toward the goals.
- Adjust the milestones and timelines as needed.
- Remain aware of your team’s individual and group capacity to avoid burnout.
Clarify Team Roles
Let each team member know what your expectations are and how they impact the team and organization.
- Address specific goals during one-to-one meetings.
- Email a hierarchy of tasks according to importance.
- Clarify the timeframe to complete assignments.
- Include time-tracking tools to provide an estimate of how long it should take to complete tasks.
- Share key performance indicators (KPIs) and accountability charts to track performance.
- Emphasize the importance of quality over quantity of work.
- Encourage autonomy.
- Focus on individual productivity.
Format Team Emails
Increase the effectiveness of your team emails.
- Include a clear, searchable subject line that summarizes the content.
- Use headlines, bullets, and numbers to help your team members quickly find the most important information.
- Bold, highlight, or separate any request or action point.
Limit Team Meetings
Make team meetings as efficient, productive, and infrequent as possible.
- Send a meeting agenda in advance so your team can prepare.
- Minimize the duration of each meeting.
- Keep your team focused on the agenda items.
- Less time spent in team meetings means more time for productivity.
Give and Receive Team Feedback
Encourage your team to provide and implement constructive feedback.
- Share specific examples of what each team member is doing well, what to do better, and concrete ideas for improvement.
- Show how implementing the feedback would benefit the organization.
- Ask your team to share constructive feedback with you.
- Giving and receiving feedback builds trust among your team.
- Elevating your team’s performance increases productivity.
Need to Add Members to Your Team?
Partner with Job Store Staffing to find qualified candidates to add to your Colorado team. Get started today.